Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I'm so frustrated!!

So I have been feeling a bit frustrated lately with Weight Watchers. I was on plan for the most part last week, with the exception of Friday. I had over 2 liters of water EVERY day but Sunday. I ate sensibly and walked 4 days last week. I went to my weigh in on Monday and I was up a freaking pound!!! That brings my grand total loss to a whopping 2 pounds in 17 weeks.

I was literally in tears after my meeting. I talked to my leader and she is supposed to call me tomorrow just to check in and see how things are going. She told me to journal everything and bring that in for her next Monday so she can see if there's something I might need to change on my eating. If I haven't lost at least 1 pound next week, I'm going to call my doctor to get checked out to make sure there isn't something going on with my thyroid or something else.

So, instead of pigging out, I put on my big girl panties and planned my meals for yesterday. Last night, we went to a Mexican restaurant and I tried to eat as healthy as possible. I had a cheese enchilada and a tamale with spanish rice. Jason and I shared their cheese dip and I ate about 3/4 of my tamale and my enchilada. I don't think I ate even half of my rice. I was stuffed when we came home. I always snack in the evenings, even if I'm not really all that hungry. I know that's a habit I need to break. I am working on it!! I decided that since I had such a big, heavy dinner, I would only fix some water. So, that's what I did and I didn't snack!! :D

While watching the Biggest Loser finale, I went into the kitchen to get my breakfast and lunch ready. I fixed 1 cup of cheerios with 1/2 cup light vanilla soy milk. I also packed a banana to sllice up on my cereal. For lunch, I cut up a cantaloupe and chopped some strawberries. I also planned on having some pretzel rods and a 3 point ham sandwich. However, when I opened the bread, it was completely moldy!! I was so mad! I just decided to get a Chick-fil-A grilled chicken salad with fat free honey mustard dressing and a baked potato with margarine. It was delicious and only 10.5 points for all that! Jason is making chicken and dumplings for dinner tonight and I am figuring a 1 cup serving to be about 6 points. I am estimating on the high side since I'm not sure what all he puts into the recipe. He's fixing green beans to go with it and I'm going to drizzle those with a bit of olive oil to get one of my oils in for the day. After all that, I still have 1.5 points to eat!!

I am planning on going home and jogging after dinner for about 30 minutes. I walked to CFA and back today for about a 20 minute walk. I figure with a 5 minute walking warm up and 5 minutes to cool down, that's 30 minutes of walking too!! :D

I am going to take my measurements tonight and retake them on May 1. After that, I'll only take them once a month. I just need a starting point and don't want to wait another 14 days to figure it out! ;)

I joined a group on the WW message boards to be at Goal by my daughter's first birthday. That pretty much give me 4 months to lose 20 pounds. It's doable. I may not make it to my goal, but I'd love to lose at least 15 pounds by her first birthday. I also want to tone up, so that will help.

I have 2 weddings I'm in within 6 weeks of each other. The first one is on August 2, so I've got to buckle down and get going with my exercise! I'm going to start jogging and work up to running. I'm also going to get started with a strength training program I can do at home with little to no additional equipment needing to be purchased.

OK, so I think this post is long enough!! Can I earn AP's for typing so much?? ;)

Until tomorrow,

Kimberly

No comments: