Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day...



Yesterday was my first "official" mother's day. My daughter was born August 14, 2007, so this was my first Mother's Day with her in my arms. I still count last year as my first mother's day b/c I was a mother. Anyway, Abby gave me my Mother's Day present a day early. Saturday morning, she said, "Mama" for the first time!!! I was and still am so excited!!! :D

My Mother's Day went really well. We got up and went to church and then over to my parents' house for hamburgers and cake (My sister graduated from college this weekend and we were eating leftovers from her party). My sister gave me a gorgeous bracelet from Things Remembered with Abby's initials on it. My husband got me an iPod Nano!!! It should be here sometime this week. We ordered one from Apple.com that's refurbished. I wanted a pink one, but they don't make the 4 gb in pink. I got the refurbished 8gb pink one for the same price as a brand new 4gb!!! I can't wait for it to get here so I can use it!! :D

Anyway, I'm really not looking forward to my weigh in tonight. I had hamburgers and cake twice this weekend, Jason fixed a steak for dinner last night (which I thoroughly enjoyed), and I haven't been drinking my water like I should. I also met some friends at McAlister's Deli for lunch and had a baked potato and chili. Delicious, but not the healthiest item on the menu... My goal for this week is to get back into drinking 2 liters of water each day. We brought the Total Gym home with us on Friday, but haven't had time to get it into the house yet. It's just sitting out in the garage. I am going to ask my husband to get it set up in the basement tonight before I get home from my WW meeting so I can work out on it tonight or tomorrow.

Well, I'll update everyone on my WI tomorrow. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

R.Shack said...

Awww, that sounds like the best Mother's Day gift ever (saying Mama) and iPods are pretty awesome too!

I'm glad it was great :)

Anonymous said...

good luck with your weigh in-will be cheering for you
incidentally, my birthday is Aug 14th as well!