Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I'm shocked!!...and my HYC check-in...

Ok, so I weighed in last night fully expecting a HUGE gain and somehow, I managed to maintain!!! I am so pumped! Jason got the Total Gym set up last night, so I spent about 20 minutes trying it out. I'm going to work on it for hopefully 45 minutes tonight. The only problem I have with it is that we don't have the foot straps for it, so I'm trying to find these online. So far, I haven't had any luck. If nothing else, I'll just call the company and see if they can sell them to me separately. They also have an ab crunch thing and some press up and dip bars that you can buy too. I'm going to look into it once I get the hang of the basics on this thing.

My throat has been pretty scratchy lately, so I hope I'm not trying to get a sinus infection. Right now, it's just my throat that's bothering me. We'll see how it goes.

My daughter is so close to crawling. Maybe she'll decide to do it tomorrow for her 9-month birthday! I think Jason will have to spend some time completely baby-proofing the house tomorrow since he's off!! We had the basics done, but now it's time for the nitty gritty. ;)

I picked up the May issue of "Cooking Light" magazine yesterday. It has so many great looking recipes. I'll try to post the recipes I try and a review as we get to them. There is a recipe for Three Cheese Baked Penne that looks amazing. If you get a chance, check out this month's issue!!

4 comments:

Dottie said...

Great job maintaining. The 3 cheese penne sounds good, I'll have to look for that.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Good job maintaining! You are doing an awesome job.

And congrats on your first Mother's Day. And the gift of hearing Mama! Too cool. Most rewarding job in the world. My "babies" are 20 and 18yo. Loved each and every stage.

Path to Health

Anonymous said...

great job with the weigh in-sometimes we surprise ourselves!

Fatinah said...

awesome job maintaining